Recruitments are normally conducted on need basis only.
To qualify as constable, one must be 18 to 28 years of age, holding a minimum grade of D+ in KCSE and to qualify as cadet, one must be 18 to 30 years of age, holding a minimum grade of C+ in KCSE and a relevant bachelors degree from a recognised university;
- Must be a Kenyan citizen;
- One should at least be 5 feet 4 inches tall for men and 5 feet 2 inches tall for women;
- Mentally and physically fit;
- Female candidates MUST not be pregnant at the time of recruitment and during the entire training period.
Yes, we have civilian staff who are directly appointed by the Public Service Commission.
Yes, a student seeking for an attachment should have the following:
- A copy of the national identification card;
- 2 passport sized photo;
- Letter of introduction from the learning institution;
- Police clearance certificate;
- Medical insurance cover
thereafter, have them submitted to Prisons Headquaters for approval
All government internship applications and placements are only done through the Public Service Commission.
KPS products are available at the prisons industries countrywide and Farm products such as seedlings are also available. For further information contact: Tel.0202722902/3/4/5/6/7/8/9.
Yes, the KPS official visitation time for inmates everyday is from 9 am to 430 pm.
Complaints can be channelled through the official emails, official telephone line and also at the Prisons Headquarters standards and compliance office.