i. Liaising with the Departmental Human Resource Development Officer [DHRDO] on training of all staff in the Department.
ii. Attending Human Resource Development meetings at the Ministry Headquarters.
iii. Liaising with the DHRDO in collecting, collating and keeping a skills inventory of staff in the department.
iv. Compiling annual training needs assessment reports in consultation with the DHRDO.
v. Developing annual Human Resource Development work plans for the Department
vi. Follow up action on implementation of decisions of the Ministerial Training Committee.
vii. Preparing relevant reports for the Ministerial Training Committee.
viii. Being the secretariat of the Departmental Training Committee, preparing its agenda and organizing all the training meetings.
ix. Maintaining and updating all records of the training section.
x. Liaising with all RCs and OICs offices regarding training programmes.
xi. Planning, conducting and supervising training and development programmes for employees in the department.
xii. Other duties assigned from time to time.
- Directorate of Administration
- Directorate of Operations
- Directorate of Inspections
- Directorate of Prisons Enterprises
- Commandant Prisons Staff Training College
- Directorate of Prisons Health Services
- Directorate Planning and Development
- Public Relations Office and Training
- Directorate Gender and NGO Coordination
- Administrative Secretary