PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER [PRO]/SPOKESPERSON
i. Liaising with local press for coverage of Departmental functions.
ii. Coordinating press reports and action on relevant inquiries and issues in consultation with Commissioner General of Prisons [CGP].
iii. Preparing press statements on Departmental matters in consultation with CGP.
iv. Liaising with Regional Commanders and Officer in Charges with regard to public relations issues.
v. Overseeing all internal and external communications including press releases, publications, web communications and documentations.
vi. Identifying and supporting the Department`s communication needs and helping raise its profile as well as publication of its mandate, objectives and activities.
vii. Formulating and implementing public relations and communication strategies.
viii. Assisting the department in creating and sustaining positive relations within internal and the external publics.
ix. Organizing and overseeing the department’s corporate affairs, events and public relations activities.
- Directorate of Administration
- Directorate of Operations
- Directorate of Inspections
- Directorate of Prisons Enterprises
- Commandant Prisons Staff Training College
- Directorate of Prisons Health Services
- Directorate Planning and Development
- Public Relations Office and Training
- Directorate Gender and NGO Coordination
- Administrative Secretary