DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF SENIOR SUPERITENDENT MECHANICAL
The Senior Superintendent Mechanical will be responsible to the Commissioner General of Prisons through the Head of Supplies and Transport for the following duties and responsibilities:-
1. Providing professional supervision of all the vehicles, power plants and generators within the prisons department.
2. Member of the Departmental Selection Board and Departmental Advisory Committee.
3. Inspection of all motor vehicle workshops and equipments.
4. Maintenance of all vehicles.
5. Keeping records of all vehicles within the Prisons Service.
6. Keeping record of all drivers within the Prisons Service and to arrange for their periodical training, testing and deployment.
7. Any other duties which may be assigned to him from time to time by the Commissioner General of Prisons.